Open to all SoWashCo students.
Elementary and secondary chess players are invited to participate in the ISD 833 Winter District Open. Whether you participated in a chess club or not in the fall, you are invited to compete in this short, fun tournament. Great for your first tournament experience.
- Time controls will be used when necessary to keep the tournament within time constraints.
- The format and recognitions will be based on the number of registered participants in each grade level and school.
- Pre-registration is encouraged, but walk-ins will be accepted. Those arriving after the posted start time may need to sit-out of the first round of play.
- Tournament etiquette and procedures will be explained at the event for players new to tournament play.
- Players are not eliminated. Everyone plays in each round unless there is a bye because of an odd number of participants. Typically there are 4–5 rounds.
- Check-in will be 30 minutes before the posted start time.
A great way to gain experience for your upcoming Wtr/Spr In-Club Tournament & the Spring Regional Tournament toward the end of the chess season.
Supervision will be provided. Parents/guardians are allowed to stay, but are asked to wait outside of the playing area during matches.